Nowadays, business spheres involving online sales and online booking are rapidly growing and developing. And, undoubtedly, e-Booking services are becoming more and more profitable with every subsequent year. We would like to cite some statistics to prove these facts.
- 60% of leisure and 41% of business travelers make their own travel arrangements, generally via the Internet
- More than 148.3 million people use the Internet to make reservations for their accommodation, tours and activities. That is more than 57% of all travel reservations each year
- 97% of people now prefer to find business online
- Over 50% of today’s travelers will rush to the keyboard, rather than to the phone to make their travel bookings
- Internet travel booking revenue has grown by more than 73% over the past 5 years.
Our company [bvblogic] has considerable experience in e-Booking systems development. So, we would like to share some of our observations and considerations about the specific features of the process of developing such a solution.
First of all, development of an e-Booking system is always not an easy task. And here are just a few main reasons why:
- online booking services usually deal with extremely large amounts of different information and data. This makes the process of operating different databases and aggregators much more complicated;
- the architecture of this type of programs is often really complex;
- different types of payment systems should be connected;
- security of clients’ personal data should be assured;
- design should be very clear, logical and user-friendly to help each customer to perform all needed operations easily and fast;
- creation of an efficient and simple system of users’ personal account administration is very important.
All these difficult and very important tasks can be completed only in conditions of concentrated and coordinated work of a professional and experienced team.
One of the vivid examples of our work in this field is the project Voyage Aero. The main purpose of this resource is booking air and railway tickets, hotel rooms, traveling tours, insurance policies from home. This system enables customers to order and pay for tickets online and receive them in a convenient way. The service speeds up the process of dealing with routine issues and helps to save users’ time and energy by completing the required procedures from anywhere at any time.
Just imagine incredibly large amounts of information processed by this service: information on airlines, hotels, railway stations, insurance companies, banks, to name just a few. And this whole system had to be created really properly in order to have a high performance speed.
To make it work we gathered a team of experienced designers, HTML-coders, PHP professionals. The most efficient technologies were applied to complete this project.
As a result, our client received an efficient tool for complex customer service and subsequent income generation. Customers have a chance to make proper planning of their trip in advance by booking tickets and hotel rooms via a single website. The company’s main plan is further development and promotion of this service.
So, if you like our work, and if you have an idea of your own great project, do not hesitate to contact our team! We will gladly offer you our free consulting. We enjoy working on large-scale projects, we are never afraid of complicated and challenging tasks, we are happy to create great solutions which make life easier and better!
Let’s do IT together!